Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Guy Glodis "I FORGOT"

There's been a lot of news lately about slight oversights by some politicians when it comes to their campaign accounts, campaign loans, etc. Sometimes I think that the media makes mountains out of mole hills when it come to things like this.

I mean, what's the big deal? An Auditor candidate miscalculates a loan, or forgets to pay his taxes on the campaign account, or maybe didn't pay attention to the details, or whatever. So what? Like I said, what's the big deal?

What did you say? The Auditor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts can go after organizations for fines, penalties, or worse, for the same miscalculations? Come on, you actually want a politician, an elected official by the people, for the people, to uphold the law and live by the same laws?

Kind of reminds me about an old Steve Martin routine when he says he doesn't pay income taxes. If he got caught, he would just tell the Judge that the reason he didn't pay the taxes was "I forgot". Then the routine went on about not paying other bills - "I forgot" would always be his reason.  Sounds liek a great strategy if you're a Democrat in Massachusetts asking for the votes and trust of the people.

Seems like Mr. Glodis just forgot! I'm imaging his acceptance speech now; "I'm sorry people of the Commonwealth, when I said I would uphold the laws of Massachusetts, I meant that as they apply to everyone BUT me". I FORGOT!

Folks, I can't believe that this is a serious candidate for the office that will make sure that companies, municipalities, and the rest of follow the law.

Look, if Mr. Glodis was a political neophyte maybe, just maybe, he could chalk this up to inexperience, but this is a well seasoned political machine. No free passes.

Look to Mary Connaughton to make sure that the Auditor of the Commonwealth will not forget and will execute the office and her duties for the benefit of the citizenry. She's the best qualified candidate

When it comes to the election, just tell Mr. Glodis "I FORGOT" to vote for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment